Below is a list of resources that students may find helpful:
- Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) - The new HSK is an international standardized exam that tests and rates Chinese language proficiency. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives.
- Get Safe Online: Safeguarding Children - This site has an abundance of resources and ideas aimed at teaching safe online behaviour. It discusses internet filtering, setting rules for internet use with children, protecting children online and so much more.
- Library and Archives Canada (LAC) has a collection strong in history, literature and music. The Learning Centre allows us to open our vaults to all Canadians by making some of our treasures available online. Students gain access to material that will enrich their learning experience."
- Bullying | Get Help - Information about bullying
- S-Team Heroes - Learn how to stop bullying
- RCMP Internet Safety Tips for Teens - resources about Internet issues.
Below are a number of links you might find useful in researching various topics.
- The Alberta Learning Web site
Alberta Learning's website. Follow the links to obtain curriculum guides, learning resources and information about various programs.
- The Alberta Online Learning Reference Center Web site
Alberta Learning's Online Learning Resource for Albertans. Contact the school for your username and password and you can see digital video,animations, lab demonstrations, simulations, interactive discovery tools and reference materials that support what is being taught at Colonel Irvine.
- Awesome Library
A web review site. Awesome library provides descriptions of recommended sites and highlights those links it considers to be part of its top 5% in education.
Recommended by Our Staff
The sites below have been submitted by staff for you to visit