This plan is one component of the CBE Digital Citizenship Process, which is directed by Administrative Regulation 1062 - Responsible Use of Electronic Information Resources. The plan is meant to guide the school’s work to allow students to connect to the school’s wireless network with their own devices.
Relevant key information about our school context and School Development Plan:
- We have a student population of around 470 students
- Students of Colonel J. Fred Scott are culturally diverse, bringing richness to the school community, helping children build understanding of other cultures.
- Colonel J. Fred Scott has a small, dedicated core of parent volunteers
- Some of Colonel J. Fred Scott's programs for students and their families include:
- Calgary Immigrant Aid Society's Mosaic Project
- Calgary Bridge Foundation for Youth
- Boys and Girls Club
- Food and Nutrition in School's Breakfast program.
- Calgary Reads Programs including: Read Up and Wee Reads
- Our School Development Plan involves the following goals:
- Formative Assessment
- Quality, authentic tasks to support inquiry learning