Attendance Line 403-777-7500 ext. 1
It is important that you call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents and Injuiries
Should your child be injured at school the following procedures will be followed:
- A staff member will take action to ensure the safety of the student and administer minor first aid.
- The parent or guardian will be telephoned and apprised of the situation and asked, if necessary, to come to the school to advise us of their wishes regarding their child’s injury.
- If we are unable to contact the parent or guardian, the administrator in charge will decide if emergency treatment is necessary.
- If immediate emergency treatment appears to be necessary, the child will be transported via ambulance to Alberta Children’s Hospital and the parents or guardian will be advised as soon as possible.
We are committed to providing a safe environment that is inclusive for all children. A number of our students have a potentially life-threatening allergy to peanut and tree nuts. Parents of children with allergies must fill out appropriate forms (also available in the office) and ensure the school has the necessary medication on-hand should a reaction occur. We ask that parents who are sending in classroom treats, please avoid the noted products. Staff is trained annually in the administration of an Epipen.
Forms You Need
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school,
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration.