Lunchroom Rules and Etiquette
- Make sure your hands are clean before you start eating.
- Sit where you are assigned.
- Keep your eating area clean.
- Use table manners.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Raise your hand for assistance.
- Treat Lunchroom Supervisors with respect.
- Use polite manners.
- Use a quiet voice.
- Eat your OWN lunch – no sharing due to allergies.
- Clean up spills.
- Line up carefully.
- Enter and exit carefully.
- Alert the supervisors if another child is in trouble or needs help.
Behaviour on the Bus
Students need to know that the school bus is considered to be an extension of the school for student discipline purposes. Students riding on a school bus are responsible for their conduct to the bus driver and through the driver to the principal of the school. Violation of any of the following rules may lead to the loss of riding privileges or to suspension from school or to other disciplinary measures.
- The driver must be respected. The driver is in full charge of the bus and the driver's directions must be obeyed.
- The driver may assign specific seats to students at any time.
- Students must not extend arms or head out of windows.
- While the bus is in motion, students must remain seated facing forward, and must not try to get on or off the bus, or move about within the bus.
- Students must not throw paper or other waste materials on the floor or out of the windows of the bus.
- While on the bus, students must conduct themselves in a quiet and courteous manner, showing consideration for the comfort and safety of others.
- Scuffling, fighting, and the use of obscene language on the bus are prohibited.
- Students must not distract the bus driver with excessive noise.
- Students causing wilful damage to a bus will be held fully accountable.
- When leaving the bus, students must observe the instructions of the bus driver, and must not cross the road without having a clear view in both directions.
- Ensure students understand and obey the School Bus Rules.
- Ensure that students are punctual and arrive at the designated pick-up location five minutes prior to the scheduled stop time so that departure will be prompt. Drivers cannot wait for a child for longer than 1 minute after the scheduled pick up time.
- Ensure that students are respectful of property owners, and do not use private property as a long term gathering point.
- Ensure that students are properly dressed for inclement weather.
- Will pay for any willful damage caused by their student while riding to and from school.
- Ensure that students know how to recognize their bus stop and find their way home safely.
- Ensuring their student’s safety while traveling to and from their bus.
- Ensuring students have appropriate medication, if required, and understand what to do if they need to use the medication.
- No parent is permitted on the school bus unless they have the authorization of the bus driver or principal.
- Establish emergency procedures for students, so that they know what to do if: The bus is late or does not arrive, no one is home, or there is an emergency school closure.
- Have an emergency plan in case you are not able to get to the bus stop prior to bus arrival