Colonel Sanders Traditional Learning Centre Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) of Electronic Information Resources
The Three Pillars of Respect
- Make good decisions about your conduct when using electronic information resources (CBE school computers, Desire2Learn, wireless usage, CBE student email).
- Keep your CBE account passwords and other personal information confidential.
- Use computer and technological resources in a responsible manner that supports learning and demonstrates good character.
- Inform your teacher or supervisor if something on a school computer makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Always use appropriate language. All electronic communication must be respectful.
- Do not use electronic information resources to harm or hurt the feelings of other people.
- Never intentionally display or send offensive messages or pictures.
- Do not plagiarize (copy). Always respect the property and creative work of others.
- Do not use other people’s passwords or accounts. Never try to access other people’s folders, electronic work or computer files.
- Do not post or distribute personal information (pictures, videos, or information) about other people.
Respect the Environment and the Equipment
- Never intentionally waste resources.
- Use all electronic resources in a responsible manner that does not damage computer systems, data or networks.
Students and staff at Colonel Sanders are expected to be good digital citizens who demonstrate good character through taking care of themselves, taking care of others and taking care of their surroundings. Any violation of the above expectations may result in disciplinary measures including the loss of access to CBE electronic resources and/or use of personal electronic devices on school property.