Transportation (Yellow Bus)
If you registered for busing, you should have already received transportation information regarding your student's bus letter, stop location, pick up and drop off times. Please arrive at least 5 minutes early and wait with your student (do not leave them unattended). At the end of the day, please also arrive about 5 minutes early and wait for the bus to arrive. The bus does not need to wait for you to arrive, students in grade 1 and up are let off at their bus stop. If you have not yet received information, please access your MyCBE account and click on transportation.
FIRST Student - Bus App
Please download the FIRST View application for First Student Transportation and sign up for an account using the prompts provided. The district is Calgary Board of Education. You will then receive an email from First Student which will then ask you to confirm your account. You will then log into your account, click the button that says 'Click here to add new student', you will then enter the district code: F6GU. You will then add your student's first and last name into the correct boxes. Then follow the prompts to add your student's bus letter, please see below (this information is also in your student's MyCBE account). Please ensure that you have added three routes: morning (am), afternoon (pm), and Friday pm.
Bus A - 2010
Bus B - 2011
Bus C - 2012
Bus D - 2013
Bus E - 2014
Bus F - 2015
Bus G - 2016
You will now be able to track your student's bus to and from school. The link to access your MyCBE account is: www.sis.cbe.ab.ca
We are aware of the bus concerns that have impacted Colonel Sanders' students and families. Please know that as a school we:
- Check https://firststudentcalgary.busstatus.ca/#_ each day, to check the status of our buses
- Prior to 8:55am, make in school announcements to inform staff about late buses
- Supervise the busing area between 8:55am and 9:08am
- After 9:08am, use the walkie talkie to announce which buses have not yet arrived
- Have school staff wait outside if the bus will be arriving shortly
- Have school staff wait inside if the bus has a significant delay
- connect with First Student to verify that a driver has started the run
- connect with First Student to ask if any students are physically on a bus that has not yet arrived at the school
- Make an announcement inside the school prior to the end of the day to let students and staff know which bus has a posted delay and where to wait
- Supervise students at the end of the day to ensure that students are safe while waiting for the bus
- Connect with First Student via telephone to ask about buses which families have told us have not yet arrived to stops, yet the first student website shows that the bus is on time
- Connect with CBE transportation regarding late buses (morning or after school)
- Connect with CBE transportation regarding information bus drivers have provided the school
- Connect with CBE transportation regarding information which Colonel Sanders Families have provided the school
- Request Colonel Sanders families to connect with First Student regarding busing issues on their side
Thank you for working with us on the transportations concerns we are having!
All students taking the bus proceed directly to their designated line-up location, line up in alphabetical order, and board the bus as the teacher takes attendance. Unless the office is given notice in the child’s agenda notebook or by phone prior to 3:00 pm, the student will be required to board the bus. It is a regulation that all students must be waiting at their bus stop 5 minutes before the designated departure time. Buses can then depart quickly and proceed directly to Thorncliffe School to pick up the TLC Kindergarten students at our sister school.
Bus Pass Information
Bus passes from last year can be reused this year. If your child is new to transportation, a bus pass will be coming in the next few weeks. If your child has lost or misplaced their bus pass, please follow the below instructions. Log into MyCBE > select service fees and registrations at bottom > select student name at the top > select transportation forms 2022-2023> select bus pass replacement.