Process to Select a Book - Grades 2, 3, and 4
Colonel Sanders students are able to request a book from our school's library. They have been shown how to do so at school. To support families who would like to help their child select a book when they are at home, the document to the right has been created.
- Each class has a regular book exchange period once a week. Students also have the opportunity to get books in between their formal library period with their teacher’s permission and a library pass.
- The default loan period is for two weeks but if your child wants to take new books out more often, please make sure that they have the book(s) in their backpack to return on the appropriate day.
- Books are due back first thing in the morning on the due date, at the latest. Due dates are stamped in the back of the books.
- Overdue slips go home once your child’s book is late so you can help locate them and get them back as soon as possible.
- A bill will be sent home for any books that are lost or damaged.
- We ask that students put their books in a zip lock or plastic bag inside their backpack, just in case their juice box or water bottle leaks – unfortunately, this happens often.
CBE’s e-Library is an online searchable catalogue used by students and staff to find and borrow learning resources at school and beyond. Using this tool, your child can look up from home what is available in our school learning commons/library and more. Here’s how:
- Click on the e-Library link on the Learning Commons/Library page.
- Choose “Colonel Sanders School” from the library name drop down list. Selecting the school name is an important step, otherwise you will get a list of what is in every school in the CBE!
- Type your enquiry into the “Quick Search” box, and choose whether it is a phrase, author, title, subject or series in the box beside it.
- Click “Search”.
- You will get a list of the results, along with information as to how many copies we have and whether the book is checked out of the learning commons or still on the shelf.
Students can also check on what books they currently have checked out of our learning commons/library on the “My Account” link, located on the far right in the blue area above Quick Search. Type in their CBE name and password, and press enter. You will find a list of their checkouts and the due date!
Further digital resources are available to students using the “Resources for Students” link, located in the blue area above Quick Search.