Colonel Walker School is a dynamic K-6 school located in historic Inglewood. The school’s convenient location, involved parent community and enthusiastic teaching team make it a wonderful place for students to grow and learn. We strive to be a cooperative learning community, where student ownership of learning and responsible citizenship is fostered within a responsive and diverse learning environment. Our current school population is approximately 127 students in Kindergarten to Grade 6.
Our School Features
- French as a Second Language (FSL) 40 minutes, four times a week for Grades 4, 5, and 6.
- A safe, welcoming, and aesthetically pleasing learning environment, with spacious classrooms and plenty of natural light
- Six acres of school grounds, including a fantastic, newly constructed play structure, basketball hoops, and soccer fields
- Full-sized gymnasium with stage
- Small class sizes
- Highly engaged and supportive parent community
- Proximity to before and after school care
- Proximity to community offerings such as Inglewood Pool, the Calgary Zoo, Fort Calgary, the Science Centre, and the Inglewood Community Garden
- An energetic and collaborative teaching team that is keenly focused on improving learning for all students
- Active and effortful, assessment rich, metacognitive and transformative learning opportunities presented through a lens of inquiry
- Learning materials, including art supplies and assistive technologies (SMART boards, iPads, laptops, robotics equipment) that are close at hand and accessible to all students
- Learning Commons (currently being developed) and classroom libraries that feature a wide range of reading and literacy materials