Colonel Walker School’s Digital Citizenship Agreement
At the CBE, students:
- Use technology (with teacher permission and supervision).
- Have access to the network (with teacher permission and supervision).
- Printing documents (with teacher permission and supervision).
- Use a CBE e-mail account (with teacher permission and supervision).
Reiterating ideals expressed in the Colonel Walker School Code of Conduct, students are expected to be responsible and manage themselves as good digital citizens.
Showing Care for Self
- I will keep my CBE account passwords and other personal information confidential.
- I will practice responsible conduct and digital etiquette when using electronic information resources.
- I will inform my teacher if something on an electronic device makes me feel uncomfortable or is inappropriate.
- I will use electronic information resources in a responsible manner that supports learning and demonstrates exemplary character.
- If I use my own personal devices it is my individual responsibility to care for them.
Showing Care for Others
- I will use appropriate language and communicate respectfully while using electronic devices.
- I will respect the property and the creative work of others.
- I will protect and respect personal information of others.
Showing Care for This Place
- I will use all electronic resources in a responsible manner that does not damage equipment, data or networks.
- I will leave the school equipment so that it is ready to be used by others.
- I will use electronic equipment in the classroom environment to support learning in consultation with my teacher
Showing Care for Learning
- It is my responsibility to use the technology responsibly and for the purpose of learning.
- I will work with my teacher to decide how technology will be utilized to support my learning.
- I understand that artifacts produced on the computer for learning are expected to be shared.
Colonel Walker School’s Digital Citizenship Policy
Students at Colonel Walker School are expected to be responsible digital citizens who demonstrate care for self, others, this place and their learning through an understanding of personal and civic responsibility. By not demonstrating the above expectations, disciplinary measures may result as outlined in CBE Administrative Regulation 1062 – Responsible Use of Electronic Information Resources and Administrative Regulation 6006 – Progressive Student Discipline.