Our Volunteer Program
Would you like to volunteer at Colonel Walker School? There are many meaningful and enjoyable ways that you can serve in schools. Here are just a few examples:
- Help with certain tasks in the classroom, the library, or the office
- Assist with supervision on field trips
- Coach a school team
- Serve fun lunches to students
- Read with students who require extra support
- Organize special events for students
Parents/guardians and other interested adults are encouraged to support learning at Colonel Walker School through volunteer opportunities. Speak with your child’s teacher and/or school administration about opportunities to assist.
Please be aware that all volunteers working with children are required to complete a Calgary Police Security Screening, which is valid for a period of 5 years. This process typically takes 4-6 weeks. If you anticipate volunteering in any capacity, please contact the school office to obtain information about the Police Clearance process.