Safety within our Building
All visitors and volunteers to Copperfield are asked to enter the front doors and sign in. Please do not come in your child’s entry door as we need to account for all of the visitors in our building. Volunteers are asked to sign in at the office and to pick up a Volunteer name tag to be worn while in the school. Please leave your name tag at the school for future use.
*NEW* All visitors to the school, as well as late students, will be required to buzz in at the front office. This buzzer/ intercom is located to the right of door on the brick wall outside. You will be asked to identify yourself and then we will unlock the door for you. Thank you for your understanding and your support with the safety and security of our children and staff.
Sign-In and Sign-Out Procedures
- For security reasons, parents/guardians must go to the office and check-in; never directly to their child’s classroom.
- All parents/guardians, who will be volunteering in the school, must sign in when they arrive and sign out when they leave.
- Parents/guardians must sign their children in/out of school if their arrival/departure times are other than regular school hours.
- Parents/guardians/visitors must sign in at the office each time they visit the school.
- A volunteer/visitor badge must be worn to identify all adults to staff and students.
- Parents/guardians must pick up and drop off their children at the office.