If your child will not be attending the lunch program for any reason, please send a note or phone call to Kathy Lowden (Lead Supervisor) at 403-817-3512.
The Calgary Board of Education provides students with the option to stay at school for lunch. Lunch Supervision is offered to all students in Grades 1- 6 and in our full-day kindergarten programs for an annual fee. Please visit our Lunch Supervision page for more information.
I am so happy for the replies to my quest for lunch ideas for our students. Here are just a few ideas to add to your arsenal:
- Bacon, lettuce, tomato on a bagel
- Dried cranberries or blueberries
- Chicken Caesar Wrap (tortilla, lettuce, dressing, crouton, chicken breast)
- Veggie chips/sunflower seeds/mango cubed
- Homemade soup in a thermos
- Last nights dinner in a thermos (leftovers)
- Homemade lunch-ables: cheese cubes, chicken/turkey/ham, crackers and fruit
- Choice of salad greens topped with grated cheese, shredded chicken/turkey, diced apple and favourite dressing
- If your child insists on dessert try healthier treats like whole wheat banana chocolate chip muffin, oatmeal raisin cookies or even angel food cake topped with thawed frozen fruit
Keep those ideas coming in and I will share them.
There are two lunch shifts, each containing approximately half of the children.
Lunch Room Fees
Copperfield School is committed to being accountable to parents for all lunchroom fees collected. There are several payment options for full-time and are described in the MyCBE / PowerSchool. Full-time fees for students, determined by the CBE annually. There is a drop-in fee of $5.00 per day per child.
This program is currently on hold.
Students may purchase a milk card in the lunchroom. Currently the cost is $1.25/carton or $5.00 for 5 cartons. When children pick up their milk, the supervisor checks off that they received milk that day. *Pricing subject to change*
The lunchroom provides a seating area specifically for children with nut allergies. Please let us know if you have particular concerns that require accommodation. Any child can sit at that table as long as they do not have nut products and there is space available.
See more on Allergies.
Reduce, Re-use and Recycle
Please provide reusable containers for lunch items rather than throw away paper, plastic or foil. No glass containers please and send utensils from home for your child’s lunch if needed. No hot water is available, and we do not have access to microwaves for warming lunches. Heated lunches should be sent in a thermos so that your child can carry his/her own soup to their respective table. Lunchroom supervisors will help open the thermos if a child needs help.
You've been asked to order your Fun Lunches online... now what?
Go to www.healthyhunger.ca and register. After your account is created, you will be able to view all upcoming Fun Lunches, place orders and pay for them online with Visa, MasterCard or Interac Debit.