Teachers will establish and regularly review classroom rules and behavior expectations with students. These are communicated to parents early in the school year. Our behavior policies are based on: respect, responsibility and safety for self, others, property, and the world around us. Our student Code of Conduct applies to school, lunchroom, playground and bus.
- to play in a safe manner (safe for self and others)
- to respect the feelings of others
- to inform school staff when they are not treated properly
- to discuss the problem/situation calmly and fairly with students or supervisors
- to seek solutions to problems that will consider the needs of all
- to follow supervisors’ requests
Progressive Student Discipline
When a student refuses to comply with defined expectations or when the conduct of a student is deemed detrimental to others or the school, procedures are in place that will apply a progressive degree of intervention and apply consistently to all students. Individual differences of children and the uniqueness of specific circumstances and situations will also be taken into consideration.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns with the above information.