Volunteer Registration Process
Volunteering and “Parents as Partners” is alive and strong at Coventry Hills School!
For security reasons, all volunteers and visitors must sign in at the office before going into the school. This process helps us know where you are in case of an emergency and allows staff and students to know you have signed in with the office staff by wearing your volunteer/visitor badge. All volunteers must comply with the CBE’s Volunteer Registration process.
- Please come in to the school with your driver’s license or Alberta Health Care Card so we can assist you with beginning the process.
- We will then provide you with a letter you will need to apply with the Calgary Police Service using this link: https://policeinformationcheck.calgarypolice.ca.
- This clearance is required prior to volunteering in the school, even if you have had a criminal check/clearance with another organization.
Parent Volunteer Program Goals
- to assist in providing an effective learning environment for our students
- to meaningfully involve the community in the education process
- to utilize the unique talents and areas of interest of our school community
- to provide children with the experience of working with adults other than school staff
- to assist teachers with non-instructional tasks
The following code of ethics shall apply to all volunteers of Coventry Hills School:
- The volunteer must be discreet. It is essential that a volunteer refrain from discussing parents, children, or school staff.
- The volunteer works in the school at the invitation of the professional staff or the office.
- The volunteer is to respect the professional role and judgment of the teacher.
- The volunteer should refer any discipline problems to the teacher in charge.
- Once a parent has agreed on a time commitment, efforts should be made to attend regularly. The designated staff member should be informed ahead of time of any necessary absence.
- When clarification is needed, volunteers are expected to consult with teachers.