Bus Maps & Schedules
Bus route maps will be available at the CBE Busing & Transportation page. Click here to find your child’s yellow school bus route map. Maps are organized by school name and route letter. Schools that have more than five buses (not including kindergarten) will also have an overview document to help parents identify their child's route map by its letter (Route A etc.).
New information on the bus maps include:
- The afternoon schedule is provided in addition to the morning schedule. The afternoon drop-off stop may be slightly different than the morning pick-up stop due to traffic patterns, for example across the street from the morning stop.
- Early or late entry days are shown as a “variation.”
- The number of registered riders shown on your map may change as parents continue to register their students, or students choose to access an existing stop other than the one assigned to them.
Parents should also be aware of the following:
- Parents are responsible for ensuring their child's safety while traveling from home to and from, and at the bus stop.
- School bus routes were developed using all pre-registrations that were submitted in June.
- Changes to routes will not be made until after Thanksgiving unless they are necessary. e.g. road closures
- If a student has more than one address, only the primary residence address will be used for transportation purposes. The CBE cannot provide two or more bus stops for one child; however, students are allowed to use any existing bus stop that is convenient for them as long as they have registered and paid for transportation.
- Parents/guardians can complete a Bus Stop Change Request form. The circumstances under which a stop will be reviewed are outlined on the form.
- Bus routes or schedules are subject to change at any time during the school year.
Alternate Ride Arrangements
Students who normally take the yellow school bus home at the end of the day will need written permission from their guardian when not taking the school bus home. Students will not be permitted to stay behind to wait for a ride home without this written permission.
Rules & Regulations when Riding the School Bus
- Riding the school bus is a privilege that can be revoked due to misbehaviour.
- The bus driver is responsible for all students on the bus. Students are expected to comply with driver expectations and to comply with school bus rules at all times.
- The driver will report unacceptable behaviour to the school principal.
- The driver may assign specific seats to students at any time.
- While the bus is in motion, students must not extend their arms or head out of the window, try to get on or off the bus, or move about before the bus comes to a full stop.
- Students must not throw paper or other waste materials on the floor or out of the windows of the bus.
- While on the bus, students must conduct themselves in a quiet and courteous manner, showing consideration for the comfort and safety of others.
- Scuffling, fighting, and using obscene language on the bus are prohibited.
- Students must not distract the bus driver with portable radios, electronics, or unnecessary conversations.
- Students causing willful damage to a bus will be held fully accountable.
- When leaving the bus, students must follow the instructions of the driver. They should not cross the road without having a clear view in both directions.
- Misbehaviour could lead to a child being suspended from riding the bus.