Our school’s primary focus is ongoing support for students while developing strategies for success.
Crescent teachers have a strong sense of professional accountability for program success. They set appropriate expectations for student performance, and provide quality learning experiences in support of student learning. Our teachers believe that all students are capable of being successful.
We believe those students who graduate from CHHS will be:
- self-directed learners
- effective communicators
- collaborative team players
- critical/creative thinkers
Our attendance policy is based upon the belief that students will become responsible, participatory citizens and will value life-long learning when their uniqueness is respected. Therefore, we expect that students will have a good attitude, good attendance, and good effort. We encourage them to come and learn, be positive contributors and be respectful. At Crescent, we treat others in the way we wish to be treated.
- Expectations should be clear to parents, students, and teachers both in the classroom and the school;
- Respect for social responsibilities and respect for self and others is paramount
- Our focus should be on proactive problem solving
- Consequences should be fair and should respect personal dignity
- Disciplinary actions are designed to remediate inappropriate behaviors
- Students need to know our expectations and the discipline process