Regular Program Registration​

To register a student please follow the Registration instructions outlined on the CBE website. 

Registration at Calgary Board of Education (CBE) schools is not determined on a first come, first served basis. Registration and admission to schools in CBE are governed by the Education Act and Administrative Regulation 6090 | Child and Student Registration and Admission.

General Registration Information

If you have questions for our school, contact us for information.

It is not possible to register at the school on holidays and during the summer. During the summer break you can find more information and dates on our Back to School page.

Non-Canadian students have a different registration process, please follow the registration process outlined on the New to Canada page.​

​How to Register for Alternative Programs

An alternative education program emphasizes a particular language (CBE currently offers French, Spanish, Mandarin and German), subject matter or a particular teaching philosophy.

Registration Process

Please visit the ​Alternative Program Registration page for more details on how to register for an alternative program.

For students that are new to CBE and not Canadian citizens, please follow the registration process outlined on the New to Canada page.​

If you cannot find the answers you are looking for on the CBE website, please connect with our office. ​

How to Register

Notice Regarding Overflow Designation for New Grade 10 to Grade 12 Regular Program Students Attending Western Canada High School

Western Canada High School is projected to be over capacity for the 2023-24 school year. The school will not be able to accommodate all new students who live within the designated school boundary. As a result, we must introduce a short-term solution to manage enrolment pressures. We will be implementing a cap on enrolment at Western Canada High School and designate an overflow school for new, regular program students in Grades 10 to 12.

Effective immediately, new regular program registrations that cannot be accommodated at Western Canada High School for the 2023-24 school year will be overflowed to Crescent Heights High School.

This is a temporary measure to ensure all students have a place to attend school for the 2023-24 school year. Establishing an overflow will balance enrolment between Western Canada High School and Crescent Heights High School for 2023-24 and will help keep students at schools that are as close to home as possible while a long-term decision is made. Affected communities will be notified if there are any further required changes in the fall of 2023. Please read the full notice for details.

Last modified on

​​​​​​​​​​Transferring Between CBE Schools

At the CBE, when you are transitioning from elementary to middle school, or from middle school to high school, you will be automatically registered at your designated school according to your home address. To find out what your designated school is, use our Find a School tool. 

If you are interested in attending a school other than your designated school, visit CBE's Transfers page for transfer information. Please note that some schools are quite full and not able to accept all transfer requests.