Expectations for Student Behaviour
Crossing Park is committed to providing a safe and healthy learning environment for all. Our goal is to help students develop into socially responsible citizens. We view student discipline as a shared responsibility between students, staff
- Be respectful of self, others and property
- Be responsible for your learning and your behavior
- Solve problems cooperatively
Consequences for Unacceptable Student Behaviour
Staff members will handle minor offenses on the spot. Students will be expected to use problem-solving strategies with all staff members.
Major offenses are those behaviours which threaten the orderly function of the school or are deemed unsafe to self or others. These may include repeated defiance of authority, physical conflict, and/or continuous disruptive behaviour.
The consequences for major offenses will be decided for each individual case. Continuous major misbehaviour will result in a progression of agreed upon consequences which may include in-school suspension, at home suspension, or assistance through out of school agencies. (Calgary Police Service, City of Calgary Vitality and Community Protection, Calgary Rockyview Child and Family Services, Calgary Health Region).
Emphasis will be on the implementation and monitoring of a problem solving process. Other actions may include
- Parent contact as required
- Written documentation Think Sheets and Behaviour Reports
- Student Suspension for serious misconduct (CBE Administrative Regulation 6006 - Progressive Student Discipline.)
School Bus Rules & Expectations
- The driver is in full charge of the bus and his/her directions must be obeyed at all times
- The driver will report any misconduct to the Administration of the school
- The driver will assign seats to students, with assistance from the school staff
- While the bus is in motion, student(s) must not extend arms or head out of the windows, try to get on or off the bus, or move about within the bus
- While on the bus, students must conduct themselves in a quiet and courteous manner
- Students vandalizing the bus will be expected to pay for the repairs or clean up of the bus
- When leaving the bus, students must observe the instructions of the bus driver. They should not cross the road without having a clear view in both directions
- Food and drinks are not to be consumed on the bus
Safety of our students is our primary concern. Students who do not comply with the rules of the bus will be given a misconduct form and parents will be notified. A misconduct form may result in a suspension from riding the bus. The length of the suspension will depend on the circumstances.