Regular Program Registration​

To register a student please follow the Registration instructions outlined on the CBE website. 

Registration at Calgary Board of Education (CBE) schools is not determined on a first come, first served basis. Registration and admission to schools in CBE are governed by the Education Act and Administrative Regulation 6090 | Child and Student Registration and Admission.

General Registration Information

If you have questions for our school, contact us for information.

It is not possible to register at the school on holidays and during the summer. During the summer break you can find more information and dates on our Back to School page.

Non-Canadian students have a different registration process, please follow the registration process outlined on the New to Canada page.​

How to Register

Notice Regarding School Designation for Grade 7 to 9 Students Residing in Martindale

The Calgary Board of Education (CBE) would like to inform you that Crossing Park School is over capacity and is no longer able to accommodate all students who live in Martindale for the 2023-24 school year and beyond. For this reason, CBE will be capping enrolment at Crossing Park School and designate an overflow school. 

Effective for the 2023-24 school year, the following changes will be implemented: 

  • A cap on Grade 7-9 enrolment at Crossing Park School.
    • Grade 7-9 students living in the Martindale community who cannot be accommodated at Crossing Park School will now be designated to an overflow school: Clarence Samson School in Pineridge. 
  • A lottery will be held for Grade 7 students. Students who are unsuccessful in the lottery process will be designated to the overflow school and placed on a call-back list.

See the notice for more information. 

Registration Documentation

The information provided on the registration form must match what is proven with documentation. If the documentation that you provide does not match the address where your child lives or their age, your child will be withdrawn from the school part-way through the year and your child will be transferred to their regular designated program school or the designated overflow location, if necessary.

Please recognize that an abrupt mid-year move can disrupt learning and relationships. More information can be found on the CBE Registration page.

Last modified on

​​​​​​​​​​What School is Next and Transferring Between CBE Schools

Every CBE student has a designated school based on their home address. When you transition from elementary to middle school, or from middle school to high school, you will be automatically registered at your designated school according to your home address. To find your designated school, use our Find a School tool. 

​If you are interested in attending a school other than your designated school, visit the Transfers webpage for transfer information. Please note that some schools are quite full and not able to accept all transfer requests. ​