Physical Education supports you in acquiring skills through a variety of developmentally appropriate movement activities. You will gain experience within various physical activities assisting you in further understanding health and wellness benefits, promoting positive interactions and leading an active lifestyle.
You are not just a participant in Physical Education, you are all ATHLETES in your own way.
Grade 6-9 Expectations
Be Prepared for Class
- Athletic clothing preferred when not in a changing unit.
- Proper athletic shoes that provide good support and cushioning with non-marking soles.
- Be ready when the PE teacher comes to pick you up (proper footwear/necessary clothing/mask etc)
- wear mask at all times when social distancing cannot be maintained
- wear mask when entering and exiting PE, in hallways and when using the bathroom
- masks can be removed when social distancing can be maintained, as instructed by the teacher.
- masks are students' responsibility when not required (ie. put in pocket or on wrist)
- Hand Sanitization
- Sanitize hands before and after class
- Students will not be allowed in the equipment room without the permission of the gym teacher.
- Do not touch or play with equipment that is out until given permission by your gym teacher.
- Equipment cannot be shared unless instructed by the teacher.
- Do not use equipment in an unsafe manner.
- Students may be asked to clean equipment.
- No food (gum, candy, etc.) will be allowed in the gym at any time, although you may bring a bottle of water.
- Jewelry must be secured while playing and/or removed depending on the activity.
- If you hear a whistle it means stop playing with the equipment and listen.
Non-Participation Due to Medical Reasons
- Medical concern for 1-3 days:
- Submit a parent or guardian note explaining the medical concern or extent.
- Medical concern that may affect participation throughout the year.
- Submit a doctor’s note explaining the extent of the problem and what the students can and can’t do. We also need to be informed to when you are able to start participation again.
Show respect for:
- all participants in the program, students and teachers alike.
- equipment, facilities, and any invited guests or visitors.
a. Performs and refines movement skills (SKILLS).
- Attempts to do the skills properly.
- Performs the skill to the best of their ability.
- Shows willingness to improve skills.
b. Cooperates to demonstrate fair play and teamwork (SPORTSMANSHIP & COOPERATION).
- Respects all students.
- Plays fair and shows proper etiquette.
- Always works cooperatively, providing encouragement and support for others.
c. Explores and applies strategies for leading a healthy, active way of life (ATTITUDE & EFFORT).
- On task, takes initiative, and is open to trying new activities.
- Has a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward activities.
- Listens and pays attention to instructions and directions.
- Prepared for class.
Locks and Locker Room (Grades 6-9 only)
- Lost locks should be reported to the PE department immediately. Replacements cost for a lock is $7.00.
- Students are asked to help keep the locker rooms clean and in good repair. They are also asked to respect the property of other students.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the locker rooms.
- Ensure you always lock up all clothing and personal belongings during class.