Crossing Park School Physical Education Program
Grade 5 Expectations for 2017-2018
PE & Health Teachers:
P.E. Mission Statement
You are not just a participant in Physical Education, you are all athletes in your own way!
1. Be prepared for class
- Be on time for class
- Proper athletic shoes – Provide good support and cushioning, non-marking soles.
- Dress for the weather
2. Safety First
- No students will be allowed in the equipment room without permission by your gym teacher.
- Do not touch or play with equipment that is out until given permission by your gym teacher.
- Do not use equipment in an unsafe manner.
- No food (gum, candy, etc.) will be allowed in the gym at any time. Although you may bring a bottle of water.
- Jewelry must not be worn in gym class.
3. Non-Participation due to medical reasons
- Medical concern for 1-3 days:
– Submit a parent or guardian note explaining the medicalconcern or extent.
- Medical concern that may affect participation throughout the year:
– Submit a doctor’s note explaining the extent of the problem and what the students can and can’t do. We also need to be informed to when you are able to start participation again.
- Show respect for all participants in the program, students and teachers alike. Show respect for equipment, facilities, and any invited guests or visitors.
- Performs and refines movement skills (SKILLS).
– Attempts to do the skills properly
– Performs skill to the best of their ability
– Shows willingness to improve skills
- Cooperates to demonstrate fair play and teamwork (Sportsmanship & Cooperation)
– Respects all students
– Plays fair and shows proper etiquette
– Always works cooperatively, providing encouragement and support for others
- Explores and applies strategies for leading a healthy, active way of life (Attitude & Effort / Gym Strip).
– On task, takes initiative, and is open to trying new activities
– Has a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward activities
– Listens and pays attention to instruction and direction
– Prepared for class
- Athletics – tryouts, practices, games
- Team pictures
- Cobra of the Month – Leadership, Effort, Attitude, Participation
- Intramural calendar and equipment sign out 7-9
- 5’s - Introduce how PE rotates with health