Crossing Park School Physical Education Program
Grade 6, 7, 8, & 9 Expectations for 2017-2018
P.E. Mission Statement
You are not just a participant in Physical Education, you are all athletes in your own way!
1. Be prepared for class
- Gym strip – all students must wear gym strip in class.
- Proper athletic shoes – Provide good support and cushioning, non-marking soles.
- Be on time for class
2. Safety First
– No students will be allowed in the equipment room without permission by your gym teacher.
– Do not touch or play with equipment that is out until given permission by your gym teacher.
– Do not use equipment in an unsafe manner.
- No food (gum, candy, etc.) will be allowed in the gym at any time. Although you may bring a bottle of water.
- Jewelry must not be worn in gym class.
- If you hear a whistle it means stop playing with the equipment and listen.
3. Non-Participation due to medical reasons
- Medical concern for 1-3 days:
– Submit a parent or guardian note explaining the medical concern or extent.
- Medical concern that may affect participation throughout the year:
– Submit a doctor’s note explaining the extent of the problem and what the students can and can’t do. We also need to be informed to when you are able to start participation again.
- Show respect for all participants in the program, students and teachers alike. Show respect for equipment, facilities, and any invited guests or visitors.
- Performs and refines movement skills (SKILLS).
– Attempts to do the skills properly
– Performs skill
– Shows willingness to improve skills
- Cooperates to demonstrate fair play and teamwork (Sportsmanship & Cooperation)
– Respects all students
–Plays fair and shows proper etiquette
– Always works cooperatively, providing encouragement and support for others
- Explores and applies strategies for leading a healthy, active way of life (Attitude & Effort / Gym Strip).
– On task, takes initiative, and is open to trying new activities
– Has a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward activities
– Listens and pays attention to instruction and direction
– Prepared for class
6. Locks/Locker Room
- Lost locks should be reported to the PE department immediately. Replacements cost for a lock is $7.00.
- Students are asked to help keep the locker rooms clean and in good repair. They are also asked to respect the property of other students.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the locker rooms.
- Ensure you always lock up all clothing and personal belongings during class.
- Athletics – tryouts, practices, games
- Team pictures
- Cobra of the Month – Leadership, Effort, Attitude, Participation
- Intramural calendar and equipment sign out 7-9
- Enter at 11:30 am on clock
- Not allowed to change into your gym strip
- Cannot eat or wait in the area between the 2 gym doors
- Parallel current season of play at that time or open choice
- Outdoor equipment – sign out sheet on door and equipment in red bin only
- “Student Athletes” – sign an athletic contract – grades, behavior, attendance, balance
- Soccer, Cross-Country, Volleyball, Wrestling, Basketball, Badminton, Track and Field
- Junior Cobras – Grade 6 only
- Thermopylae – grades?
- Dance team
Athletic tryout form
- All the boxes were marked for you, but you do not have to tryout for all sports
- 6’s - Mrs. Snowdy
- 7’s - Mrs. Snowdy
- 8’s - Ms. Boparai
- 9’s - Ms. Boparai
Locker Rooms & Locks
- locker partners
- bringing a plastic bag to separate you clothes and belongings
- get in and out quickly
- misplaced/lost locks
- use your own locker
- Gr. 7-9 (available at lunch or after school)
- PE lost and found