School Parking Lot and Alley
Please be advised all parking stalls have been designated as staff parking. Do not enter, stop, or park in the parking lot during the school day.
An empty spot at any time during the day does not mean a stall is available for non-staff parking. If you choose to “just be a minute” in our lot, you may be preventing someone who works in the school with your children from getting to their job on time.
If you choose to park in the alley, please park only on the school side of the alley and make sure that you are never parked directly across from a garage or parking pad and that you also leave a 1.5 meter zone clear of the sidewalk, entrance to our parking lot, from either side of garages and parking pads to the other side of the alley. If you park in
the alley, please walk your child to the fence entrance near the daycare building to gain access to the playground before school or walk around onto the Dallyn Street sidewalk to gain access to the front door; do not cut through the parking lot.
When you are dropping off or picking up your child(ren), please give yourself an extra few minutes to find a safe place to park on the side streets. Parking rules apply to stopping as well, even for just a few minutes; please be respectful of our neighbours and ensure that you never park in front of or too close to garages and driveways. Parking along the school side of Dallyn Street is designated for buses only on school days.
As safety of children can be compromised by unsafe drop-off/pickup, we continuously monitor our parking lots and traffic around school times. We need your help to provide a safe place for our students to walk onto the playground or into the building.
- Dropping off students in any CBE parking lot is prohibited.
- Do not walk children through our school parking lot.
- Please walk around.
A safe and quick alternative is to drop students off in the alley by the before and after care building. This way they can access the playground which is supervised.
School/Playground Zone Bylaw
- The maximum speed in a Playground zone is 30 km/hr. This is enforced on all school days between 7:30 AM and 9:00 PM.
- It is against the law to do a U-Turn in a Playground zone
- It is against the law to jaywalk in a Playground zone ($115 ticket) and it is also extremely dangerous (e.g. walking across the street between buses).
- There is a No Parking/Bus Zone along the south side of our school extending from the alley to Dalgetty Drive. This must be left open for school buses before and during regular school days. This zone is used for buses taking students to and from school and other activities.