Student Advisory Council - Tiger Buzz - Mrs. Muhlberger
The purpose of this group is to provide an opportunity for DTS students (Grade 5- 9) to meet with Mrs. Muhlberger to contribute their ideas and share their opinions on things that are going well and ways that we can improve our school culture and environment. Participants in the DTS Tiger Buzz have been identified by their homeroom teachers and have committed to meeting once a month at lunchtime. Members of this year's Tiger Buzz should be...
- interested in developing leadership skills and experiencing leadership opportunities
- focused on making DTS the best it can be
- interested in connecting with other students in the school
- interested and willing to share the perspectives of students with the school administrative team
- committed to building success for students at our school
- responsible and positive role models in our school community
Candidates are nominated by homeroom teachers and accepted by the nominees. We aim to have the group formed for the first week in October 2020.
DT CLUBS - Start up, teachers and locations are currently TBA - to be announced.
Students will meet once a week and cook simple healthy recipes.
*Parent Volunteers will be needed.
Students will meet up every Wednesday to debate and discuss current issues and common topics. They will also learn how to structure an argument.
Upcycle Craft Club
We will use recycled items and turn them into decorations or usable items. Students are encouraged to bring recycled cans, bottles, boxes, etc., from home to use in this club. We may sell some items where the proceeds will go to a cause to be discussed with members.
Students will work through various fitness circuits to experience and learn on the equipment
Descoteaux and Strickland
GSA- Gay Straight Alliance
Lunch and Conversation
National Novel Writing “Month” October/November only ||Students will set a writing goal, spend a month preparing, and then a month writing reach their goal.