Students who have paid lunchroom fees will eat lunch at school in designated areas under the supervision of our lunchroom staff. Our students play outside at the beginning of the noon break and eat during the second half of the noon break.
We ask that you send any utensils your child needs in their lunch kits.
There are no facilities for heating lunches.
Drop-Ins: One day coupons may be purchased for $5.
- Please ensure children are bringing cutlery (spoons and forks) and water bottles to school.
- We are a nut aware school and have many students with severe allergies. Please do not send Nutella or candy with nuts – Please contact Jen Davis, the Lead Lunch Supervisor if this presents a difficulty.
- We try and compost as much as we can. We encourage students to take home most of their dry waste or uneaten lunch so parents are aware.
- Proper clothing is essential – We go outside despite the weather conditions. Jackets, hats, mitts . . . we still go out up to -20 C.
- There will be no milk program this year. Feedback indicated it was costly and only popular with a small percentage of our population.
- $10 Incidental Lunchroom Fee. The CBE Lunchroom fees cover lunchroom supervisor salaries only. The $10 Incidental Fee is for DDS to purchase games, outdoor play equipment, emergency food items, replacement of aged or broken lunch tables.
We are Allergy Aware and students with allergies have the opportunity to eat at a separate table inside each lunchroom.Parents must indicate any special health concerns on the school registration for their child and are encouraged to ensure classroom teachers are also aware of health issues. For more information about this and other health concerns visit our Illness & Medical page.