Attendance Line 403-777-6720 ext. 1.
It is not enough to simply email your classroom teacher. It is important that you also call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late. Please call and leave a voice message on our attendance line. Please include the reason for your child's absence (illness, medical/dental appointment, family event, cultural celebration) so that we can code the absence appropriately.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request.
Allergies | Nut-Aware School
We are committed to providing a safe environment that is inclusive for all children. A number of our students have a potentially life-threatening allergy to peanut and tree nuts. Parents of children with allergies must fill out appropriate forms (also available in the office) and ensure the school has the necessary medication on-hand should a reaction occur. We ask that parents who are sending in classroom treats, please avoid treats containing nuts.
Parents or guardians requesting school assistance with their child’s medical needs are required to complete the following forms.
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue requiring attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.
Alberta Health Services has assigned a nurse to come to our school throughout the school year. In addition to supporting school staff with resources and information, with parent support, the nurse can provide some immunizations.