Student’s Last Name
A – G Mr.Gibbs
H – O Ms.Domstad
P – Z Ms. Nishimura
Guidance Administrative Assistant: Mrs. Jackson
Semester Two Course Change Request Form 2023
This form will be active between January 1st at 12 AM to January 13th at 12 PM (noon). Please read the instructions before submitting a request.
CBe-Learn (Online) Semester 2 Registration
Student requests for concurrent CBe-learn courses will be prioritized in the following order:
1. Graduating students who will be short one course for their high school diploma/certificate
2. Students who require the course to be able to finish high school in three years with a HS diploma, recognizing the importance of taking 30 level courses before the end of grade 12 and taking pre-requisite 20 level courses prior to the end of the grade 11 year (ex. ELA 20-2 so they can take ELA 30-2 in their grade 12 year)
3. Students who need to retake a failed course that is required for graduation
4. Students who can’t fit all three sciences into their timetable
5. Students who want to upgrade a mark
NOTE: ELL students wishing to take an online course should be at LP3 or higher.
Students who wish to take a course with CBe-Learn (online) next semester need to complete the request form below. Please click on the link below:
The Role of Counselors
We would like to welcome our new grade 10, 11 and 12 students to Dr. E.P. Scarlett and to let you know about the kinds of counselling we provide. We are here to assist you in any of the following areas:
To assist students in learning to cope with the demands in their lives including:
Dealing with issues such as grief/loss, suicide, family issues, relationship issues, harassment, loneliness, sadness, financial problems, health concerns, school difficulties, stress, anxiety and substance abuse.
To assist students with school to work transitions including:
- Student self-assessments
- Setting and monitoring progress of personal goals
- Knowledge of the world of work
To enable students to adopt a perspective that places high priority on planning their educational futures including:
- Course advising
- Program planning
- Post-secondary information
- Study skills
If your son or daughter has a health problem that may affect his/her school performance, it is important that the school is aware of the problem. We do not always receive information from the previous school. Please contact the appropriate counselor to ensure we have all the relevant medical information.
Booking an Appointment & Drop-in Hours
Students are assigned to a guidance counselor alphabetically by surname. Counselors usually meet with students during regular school hours. There are daily drop-in times for counselors Monday - Thursday 8:55 - 9:20. Appointments may be booked during the school day via Ms. Jackson in the guidance office. Parents are invited to make appointments with counselors by contacting the guidance administrative assistant at (403) 281-3366 ext. 2409.