2023 Summer School Process at Dr. E.P. Scarlett
Summer school will be offered in person and online this year through Chinook Learning Services and CBe-learn. Please see below for more information.
Chinook Learning Services (In person)
Students who would like to request to take a summer school course will need to complete the form below. The form will open on April 21 at 4:00 p.m. and close on May 4 at 12:00 (noon). Please ensure that you get your requests in prior to the closing date of May 4.
Summer School Course Request Form
Link for the Summer School Form
At this time, we ask that students verify their course selections for 2023-2024. Grade 10 & 11 students had a presentation on Course Verifications on Friday April 21. If students are wishing to make any changes to their requests for 2023/2024 student are asked to do this through the following (Verification) Course Change Request Form 2023-24 April. Please note that this form will activate from April 21 to May 4 at 12:00 PM. (noon). Course change requests will be limited to the following needs:
- Addition of a course to meet high school diploma requirements and/or certificate requirements
- Needing a change in a level of a course (20-1 to 20-2; Physics 30 to Sci 30)
- Lacking a prerequisite for a scheduled course
If you are wising to change an academic stream, guidance will email you and your parent(s) a “Going Against Recommendation Form”, you will need to:
- Print out the sheet and have your parents sign the form
- Bring this form back to school and speak with your teacher & the Learning Leader of that department who will have a discussion with you and sign the form
- PLEASE ensure that your “Going Against Recommendation” form is handed into your guidance counsellor by May 4, no later than 4:00 p.m. (This is a firm deadline)
Note: We cannot accommodate requests for specific teachers, or for courses in particular periods or semesters. As well, some Grade 10 students may now have their 4th or 5th course option choice if one of their top 3 course option choices could not be scheduled.
Click this link to access the form