Calgary Police Cadets (ages 12-18)
The Calgary Police Cadet Corps provides youth the unique opportunity to participate in a program geared towards developing leadership skills and camaraderie, while getting an inside look at the world of policing.
Fire Cadet Program
The Fire Cadet Program gives high school students the opportunity to learn about what it takes to be a firefighter, through teaching life-skills like leadership, community involvement, teamwork, pride and respect. Through theoretical and practical training, Fire Cadets learn basic firefighting skills, and, how to apply those skills and values into daily activities.
Junior Forest Ranger Program
Since 1965, Junior Forest Rangers (JFR) is proud to offer Albertan youth the opportunity to get started in a career related to natural resource management and forestry. JFR crews are camp or community-based crews. Camp locations are located throughout the province and vary from year to year. Camp crew members stay with their crew 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for seven weeks (except for long weekend in August). The summer experience is challenging, unique and exciting.
Green Certificate Program
The Green Certificate Program is an industry driven agricultural training program. Its apprenticeship style of delivery ensures that participants learn through actively performing the skills required. The areas of specialization are:
Unique Opportunities Through the Calgary Board of Education and its Partners
Unique Opportunities Through the Calgary Board of Education and its Partners CBE partners with a variety of businesses and non-profit organizations to offer unique opportunities that combine learning with career experiences. Unique opportunities are available to CBE high school students and are continually added throughout the year.
- Exploratory Career Pathways:
- Automotive Service: Calgary Police Services
- Cook Apprentice Career Exploration
- Contemporary Theatre and Dance Exploratory Program: Theatre Junction
- Residential Construction: Habitat for Humanity
- Student Playwriting Exploratory Program: Alberta Theatre Projects
- Dual Credit – Earn High School Credits and Post-Secondary credits or Industry Credentials
- Business Administration Program at SAIT
- Fashion: Olds College in Calgary
- Pharmacy Assistant Certificate at SAIT
- Pre-Apprentice in Auto Service, Carpentry or Plumbing at SAIT
- Internships – Provide in-depth career experiences while earning high school credits
- Construction Engineering Internship: Williams Engineering
- Film, TV & Media Internship - BOTZ
A the full list of opportunities is available on the Calgary Board of Education Unique Opportunities and Off-Campus Education page.