Things To-Do in Study / Homework Time
- Complete homework - refer to agenda.
- Work on an upcoming assignment.
- Make a study plan for an upcoming test.
- Actively study for a test.
- Review material from today's class.
- Revise today's notes.
- Highlight key words / ideas in notes
- Review (rewrite, use mind-maps, pictures) vocabulary from today's class.
- Re-read a chapter from your textbook (SQ3R).
- Preview an upcoming chapter (textbook).
- Practice math skills.
- Make corrections on recent test.
- Organize binders into sections.
- Organize notes into sequence, use reinforcements, remove old units.
- Organize agenda and calendars.
- Breakdown a big project.
- Read, read, read. (Fiction / non-fiction)
- Write, write, write. (Journals, letters, lists, etc)
Below is a list of resources that students may find helpful:
Research & Study
Career & Technology Centre
Attend half days - areas:
- Cosmetology – Hair/Esthetics
- Culinary Arts
- Energy & Environmental Resources (combined with Social 20-1/20-2 or Social 30-1/30-2)
- Health Science
- IT Essentials
- Media Design & Communication
Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP)
Educating youth about financial literary, work readiness, and entrepreneurship
- Company Program is an exciting hands-on program that allows students the opportunity to experience the risks and rewards of entrepreneurship by starting and operating an after-school business.