- To develop responsible, ethical and caring citizens.
- To protect the rights of everyone.
- To develop in every child the capacity for positive self-esteem.
- We encourage students to take care of themselves, take care of each other and take care of our environment.
The School’s Responsibility
- Develop positive student attitudes, which are conducive to a safe and secure school environment.
- Provide a positive learning environment in the school and on the playground.
- Establish rules and routines, which reflect and support a positive learning environment.
- Clearly articulate behaviour and learning expectations for students.
- Assist students to set appropriate learning goals.
- Be consistent and fair when dealing with all students.
- Communicate with parents as necessary.
- To maintain conditions throughout the school and in each classroom that makes effective learning possible for all children.
- Be the best they can be in all school activities involving both work and play.
- Be buddies, helpers, and good examples for their peers and younger students.
- Act in a reasonable, courteous, and respectful manner in the school and on the playground. Students should be honest and truthful and use courteous language at all times.
- Resolve problems with other students in a peaceful way. Dr. E.W. Coffin School will be a safe place for all students.
- Lock up all bicycles when brought to school in the racks provided. Students should “walk” their bicycles in the school compound and in areas where large numbers of students congregate. The parking area is for motorized traffic only.
- Respond to fire drills and lockdowns promptly and safely. Students are taught appropriate procedures in their classes and will participate in regularly held drills.
- Remove wet or dirty footwear. Wear indoor shoes or runners while inside the school.
Parents are an integral component in fostering and supporting a safe and caring environment in our school.
- Send their child/ren to school on time.
- Instill in their child/ren a sense of responsibility, respect, and tolerance for other races, languages, and religions.
- Discuss and support the intent of school policies with their children.
- Assist with the restitution of willfully damaged or lost property.
- Be supportive and involved in their children’s ongoing learning.
- Meet with staff to discuss student progress and or to solve problems.
- Assist the school in maintaining a safe, secure, and positive school environment.