Noon supervision is now being called Lunch Supervision.
The Calgary Board of Education provides students with the option to stay at school for lunch. Lunch Supervision is offered to all students in Grades 1- 6 and in our full-day kindergarten programs for an annual fee. Students in these grades require direct supervision during the lunch hour, regardless of the grade configuration of the school or the mode of transportation the students use to get to and from school each day.
Principals have the flexibility to make school-based decisions for their lunch supervision programs.
You can expect the following for your lunch supervision fees:
- A safe and caring environment for students to eat lunch.
- Supervision for the entire lunch period, unless the student is signed out by a parent/guardian.
- Daily attendance will be taken.
- Students must remain on school grounds, we are a closed campus
- A dedicated space for eating.
- Only students that have registered and paid the lunch supervision fee can access the service:
- The CBE has a waiver process for families who can’t afford to pay the fees.
- Note | Use of service indicates that the Parent/Guardian accepts the terms and the responsibility to pay the annual fee.
- Income tax receipts are issued for lunch supervision fees that may be included as child care expenses for income tax purposes.
- Lunch supervision fees are directed to providing lunchroom supervisors.
What lunch service is not:
- Guaranteed access to a table and chair or an assigned seat.
- Access to food or snacks; students are required to bring a lunch.
- Access to a microwave, hot water, dishes, utensils or other cooking facilities.
You can register and pay online with MyCBE / PowerSchool.
Lunch Supervision is only available to Grade 6 students. Students who go home for lunch would not participate in this program. Students who are enrolled in the lunch supervision program must remain on school grounds during the lunch hour.
Drop-in Noon Supervision Fee: $5 a day - if your child is not registered to stay for lunch but wants to stay occasionally.
Grade 7 and Up
Students in Grade 7 and up are not required to enroll for noon supervision. Space and general teacher supervision will be provided for students on school grounds. Students are not permitted to leave the school grounds to purchase lunch, but can be signed out by a parent to go home for lunch; however the expectation is that they will return on time for afternoon classes.
Healthy Hunger Lunches
Account registration, meal selections and credit card payment are all to be completed by families on the Healthy Hunger website. Orders are required 5 days before the lunch date. Need to cancel an order? That is possible on your Healthy Hunger account, prior to the cut-off. Please see their website for further information on the program.
If your child is absent on the day of an order, you may contact the school office to make alternative arrangements (examples: parent pick-up, donation, etc.). Orders will only be held until end of lunch the following school day.
We are an "Allergy Aware” school. See Illness & Medical to learn more about allergy awareness.