Our school takes a inquiry-based, hands on learning approach aimed at student success. In our learning commons, we take a whole school approach to building an involved learning community. The learning commons is the learning hub of physical and virtual collaboration. Students will learn through exploration, experimentation, and collaboration, in this shared environment.
Students are encouraged to use our learning commons for school projects and independent reading material. Any lost or damaged books are the responsibility of the student to replace. If your child takes books home from our learning commons, encourage them to be responsible in handling them and returning them on time.
Hours & Borrowing Policies
The learning commons is open Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 3:15.
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions all print based materials will come to students, instead of students coming to the resources!!
So how do we do this?
Library Book Requests
- Library book requests, from students, are to be submitted though the following Microsoft Form link and books will be delivered to classroom
- Students will use eLibrary to request books, the link can be found on the DGS website as a quick link. Have a look at the following videos to learn how.
1. Log into eLibrary and view My Account - https://www.screencast.com/t/1OS4RL2NC
2. Accessing eLibrary - https://www.screencast.com/t/OzIFwlg4Pbm
3. Navigating eLibrary - https://www.screencast.com/t/7gAJ7LGmg
4. eLibrary Quick search - https://www.screencast.com/t/cDVAuQ25mQ
**Book request may be assigned as homework, because of limited technology in the school during the pandemic**
All books will be Quarantined for 72 hours after use>The INTENT of the quarantine is that NO ONE touches the returned books until the 3 day quarantine is over.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!