Dr. G.M. Egbert School has developed a dress code to establish and maintain reasonable standards of dress for all school activities. Good taste and judgment in the selection of clothing worn to school is expected. Styles in dress and grooming become unacceptable when they distract, are unhealthy, unsafe, and offensive to others or prevent a student’s participation in a learning activity.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Outdoor activities relating to school in the winter often require warm coats, gloves and head wear. This includes gym activities, busing and field trips.
Physical Education & Activities
- Students need to be changed each period into clothes suitable for physical activity. Track pants or shorts of appropriate length and crew neck top are acceptable clothing selections.
- Indoor non-marking sneakers need to be worn inside of the gymnasium to protect the gym floor and your feet and ankles.
- For hygiene reasons, clothing used for Physical Education should not be worn for regular classes. Please take the time to change your clothing before and after Phys. Ed. Class.
Safe & Caring Learning Environment
- Under garments should remain covered at all times, as should chests, stomachs, lower backs, and buttocks.
- Clothing should be respectful and free of symbols or words that are hurtful or promote drugs, gangs, or other illegal activity.
- Clothing needs to be neat (not excessively ripped or torn) and clean
- Your clothing represents you as learner- and should be similar to what you will wear in your job someday
Administration may determine which articles of clothing contravene our dress code. In accordance with CBE Policy, students who do not follow with the dress code may be asked to change clothing or may be asked to call or return home to get alternative clothing.