Dr. Gordon Townsend School has developed a dress code to establish and maintain reasonable standards of dress for all school activities. Good taste and judgment in the selection of clothing worn to school is expected. Styles in dress and grooming become unacceptable when they distract, are unhealthy, unsafe, and offensive to others or prevent a student’s participation in a learning activity.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Outdoor activities relating to school in the winter often require warm coats, gloves and head wear. This includes gym activities, busing and field trips.
Safe & Caring Learning Environment
- Under garments should remain covered at all times, as should chests, stomachs, lower backs, and buttocks.
- Clothing should be respectful and free of symbols or words that are hurtful or promote drugs, gangs, or other illegal activity.
- Clothing needs to be neat (not excessively ripped or torn) and clean.
- Your clothing represents you as learner- and should be similar to what you will wear in your job someday.