Teachers at DMCS will be supporting students and families with High School Registration in January - February 2023.
2022- 2023 Virtual High School Open Houses:
Please go to the High School Websites for meeting links and more information.
- Joane Cardinal-Schubert High School (Open House January 26th, 6-8pm)
- Joane Cardinal-Schubert High School is the designated high school for current grade 9 students attending Dr. Martha Cohen School.
Henry Wise Wood High School (Open House January 17th, 7-8pm)
- HWW offers a specialized International Baccalaureate program
- See IB Information on the right side of this page.
- Lord Beaverbrook High School (Open House January 25th, 6:30pm)
- LBHS offers a number of complementary course that support students with an interest in the trades
- Jack James High School (Thursday January 26th, 4:30-6pm)
- Jack James offers both K&E and Diploma academics at the -2 level with a wide variety of shop-based experiences – from Commercial Cooking to Autobody, and Horticulture to Animation/Web Design as well as access to some shops at Forest Lawn. Jack James is able to complete the Certificate of Achievement on site with a programmed workplace practicum program, which is especially valuable in this current climate where jobs are difficult to find. Students can also complete a Diploma program at Jack James.
- Jack James Program information can be found on the right hand side of the page
Registration & Transfers Info
- Beginning Jan. 16 students will be able to register for the 2023-2024 school year
- High School Transfers information is available for your CBE families to review and online transfers can be submitted
Transfer Process Dates (these dates are a guideline as firm dates will be made public shortly)
- Feb. 1 – Mar. 15 – Families submit transfer requests (JCS applications will be done in class, out of area students will have to apply for their designated schools at home with their guardians)
- Mar. 16 – High Schools will verify transfer requests
- Mar. 21 – Draws will begin to take place centrally and parents will be emailed by to confirm that the transfer request has been submitted
- Apr. 4 – Parents will be emailed to let them know if they were successful in their request
- Apr. 4–14 – Parents confirm spots by email to the school