Teachers at DMCS will be supporting students and families with High School Registration in January - February 2022.
2021-2022 Virtual High School Open Houses:
Please go to the High School Websites for meeting links and more information.
- Joane Cardinal-Schubert High School
- Joane Cardinal-Schubert High School is the designated high school for current grade 9 students attending Dr. George Stanley School. Please review the 3 attached documents for information regarding Open Houses and Complementary Course Selection.
Henry Wise Wood High School
- HWW is has provided information for their specialized IB program. Please see the 3 attached documents for their school and Open House information.
- See IB Information on the right side of this page.
- Jack James High School
- Jack James offers both K&E and Diploma academics at the -2 level with a wide variety of shop-based experiences – from Commercial Cooking to Autobody, and Horticulture to Animation/Web Design as well as access to some shops at Forest Lawn. Jack James is able to complete the Certificate of Achievement on site with a programmed workplace practicum program, which is especially valuable in this current climate where jobs are difficult to find. Students can also complete a Diploma program at Jack James. Please see the 2 attached documents for information.
Registration & Transfers Info
- Beginning Feb. 1: High School Transfers information is available for your CBE families to review and online transfers can be submitted.
Information about high school programs (other than virtual or school tours/open houses)
- Please refer to the chosen high school websites – all high schools have been asked to update their websites to specify what is offered at their schools.
- Another great resource is the corporate website for high schools for access to course guides.
Transfer Process Dates
- Feb. 1 – Mar. 15 – Families submit transfer requests (JCS applications will be done in class, out of area students will have to apply for their designated schools at home with their guardians)
- Mar. 16 – High Schools will verify transfer requests
- Mar. 21 – Draws will begin to take place centrally and parents will be emailed by to confirm that the transfer request has been submitted
- Apr. 4 – Parents will be emailed to let them know if they were successful in their request
- Apr. 4–14 – Parents confirm spots by email to the school
New students to CBE wanting an Alternative Program for Languages or IB in Grade 10:
Current CBE students wanting IB in Grade 10: