Get involved, share your ideas and help us balance enrolment in our high schools.
Jan. 14, 2021 Update | Scenarios Available Feb. 23; Active Engagement Mar. 1-17.
We had indicated in November 2020 that we would be sharing the high school scenarios with you in January 2021. Other system priorities in January and early February require us to delay sharing high school scenarios until Feb. 23, 2021. We will still be able to communicate a decision by fall 2021 with this adjustment.
Scenario development was guided by your feedback from Fall 2019, the CBE values, planning principles, available space and resources and other factors.
The scenarios represent a responsible approach that anticipates limited space and resources into the future and allocates resources where they will have the most positive impact for students overall. You will be able to learn about the scenarios and share your feedback as follows:
- Feb. 23 – March 17: scenario information will be publicly available on the CBE High School Engagement webpage (interactive online presentation - StoryMap, video and downloadable and printable PDFs)
- March 1-12: four virtual sessions will be held and online discussion forums will be available for parents and the public
. Links will be available closer to the meeting times.
- March 2, 6-8 pm | Central Memorial High School, Ernest Manning High School, Queen Elizabeth High School, Western Canada High School
- March 4, 6-8 pm | Bowness High School, John G. Diefenbaker High School, Robert Thirsk High School, Sir Winston Churchill High School, William Aberhart High School
- March 8, 6-8 pm | Crescent Heights High School, Forest Lawn High School, Jack James High School, James Fowler High School, Lester B. Pearson High School, Nelson Mandela High School
- March 10, 6-8 pm | Centennial High School, Dr. E.P. Scarlett High School, Henry Wise Wood High School, Joane Cardinal-Schubert High School, Lord Beaverbrook High School
- March 2-17: online survey will be open
Everything will be posted here and will be available to review at your convenience.
Thank you for your continued participation.
High School Engagement
Last modified on