If You Want Emails to be Sent to You regarding:
- Any fees (even if they can be waived)
- Any fundraisers or requests for donations
- Any events with tickets for sale or an admission cost, or information about commercial activities (food for sale, raffle, silent auction...) at a free event
- Any school or other merchandise for sale
- Any activities or services with an associated cost (like fun lunches, field trips, school pictures...)
- Any invitation to subscribe to commercial messages
Subscribing for Commercial Messages
- Parents can subscribe anytime at cbe.ab.ca/subscribe.
- When subscribing, they need to provide their primary email (as listed in SIRS).
- Their subscription applies indefinitely (unless withdrawn) for all their children at all CBE schools, so long as their email address stays the same. If their email changes, they need to tell the school (to update SIRS) and subscribe with the new email.
- Subscribing is optional. If parents choose not to subscribe, they will (likely) miss important information.
- They can un-subscribe anytime at cbe.ab.ca/unsub
Visit the website linked to the right for more information. Subscribing to receive commercial emails
Here are some of the great fundraisers we will be doing this year! Remember every dollar goes directly to support the students of DMC:
- ADmazing coupon book - September 5 to 16, 2019, Book pickup at the BBQ September 19
- Purdy’s Chocolates – November 2019
- Online Silent Auction- March 2020
- Casino scheduled for Q3 2020
A good example of these types of fundraising initiatives has been: the Terry Fox activities; Booster Juice; Delay the Day; Hat Day; and PJ Day, with proceeds going to Terry Fox. These types of opportunities come from the students and are designed to help them understand the need for empathy in the world.
Please note that we recognize that families cannot contribute to every fundraiser that comes home, however we do truly appreciate the ones you do choose to be part of.