Re-Entry Plan 20-21 Dr Martha Cohen School
You can find our RE-Entry Plan on the right side of this page under "Resources".
First Day of Classes
Our first day of classes:
- Grade 5 students only on Sept. 1, 2020.
- Grade 6 students only on Sept. 2, 2020
- Grade 7 students only on Sept. 3, 2020
- Grade 8 and 9 students only on Sept. 4, 2020
- Our first day of classes for all students is Sept. 8, 2020
The school office is open to parents on
Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.
Finding Your Teacher on the First Day
- Staggered Entry First Day Meeting Spots (See Attached Map)
- Tuesday September 1 – Grade 5 only will attend all day
- 5-1 Mrs. Thompson– South East Entrance near new basketball court.
- 5-2 Ms. Nordstrom – South Central Entrance bus doors
- 5-3 Mrs. Campbell – North Entrance near shed
- 5-4 Mrs. Hertwig – North West Parking lot entrance
- 5-5 Mrs. Scott – Rear Gym Entrance on black-top compound
- 5-6 Mr. Dedemus – Auxiliary Gym East Entrance near tree area
- Wednesday September 2 – Grade 6 only will attend all day
- 6-1 Ms. Fagnan– South East Entrance near new basketball court.
- 6-2 Mr. Servos – South Central Entrance bus doors
- 6-3 Mr. Richardson– North Entrance near shed
- 6-4 Mrs. Allen – North West Parking lot entrance
- 6-5 Ms. Smart– Rear Gym Entrance on black-top compound
- 6-6 Mrs. Dawson– Auxiliary Gym East Entrance near tree area
- 6-7 Mrs. Twa– Front Main Door Entrance
- Thursday September 3 – Grade 7 only will attend all day
- 7-1 Mr. Pettit– South East Entrance near new basketball court.
- 7-2 Mr. Apperley – South Central Entrance bus doors
- 7-3 Mr. Erickson – North Entrance near shed
- 7-4 Mrs. Feagan – North West Parking lot entrance
- 7-5 Mrs. Clarke– Rear Gym Entrance on black-top compound
- 7-6 Ms. Delcourt – Auxiliary Gym East Entrance near tree area
- 7-7 Mr. Kinch – Front Main Door Entrance
- Friday September 4 – Grade 8 and 9 only will attend all morning.
- 8-1 Mrs. Mak– South East Entrance near new basketball court.
- 8-2 Mr. Clovis– South Central Entrance bus doors
- 8-3 Ms. Streeter – North Entrance near shed
- 8-4 Ms. Pearce – North West Parking lot entrance
- 8-5 Mr. Campbell – Rear Gym Entrance on black-top compound
- 8-6 Ms. Odland – Auxiliary Gym East Entrance near tree area
- 9-1 Mr. Acimov– Meet on new basketball court
- 9-2 Ms. Dvorkin – Meet Corner of Brightondale Park and New Brighton Drive on grass
- 9-3 Mr. Honish – Behind Shed near South East soccer goal posts
- 9-4 Mrs. Terris – North West soccer goal posts, near walking path
- 9-5 Ms. Potts – North outdoor classroom seating area
School Start and End Times (Tentative)
Our bell times for all grades are Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 3:10 PM & Friday
8:30 AM – 12:18 PM. You can find a complete list of dates and additional early dismissal dates on our calendar page.
School Supply Lists
Grade 5 - 9 will have most supplies provided by the school.
Families will supply a backpack and running shoes.
School Calendar and Bell Times
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. To view our school’s
calendar and bell times, please go to our calendar page.
For system calendars, please visit here.
Noon supervision is provided for all students, and students in Grades 5 or 6 who
stay at the school for lunch must register for this service. A drop-in fee is charged
for students staying at school for lunch on a casual basis.
Your child’s homeroom teacher will contact you and your student before the first day of school to introduce themselves, and
let families know where their students will be meeting on the first day of class.
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details and registration forms.
Please note that Dr. Martha Cohen is a capped school which means we may not have space in the building for your child. Please contact the school directly with inquiries around registering. For students that are not admitted to Dr. Martha Cohen there are designated over-flow schools that have busing from Copperfield and New Brighton. Students living in New Brighton will be directed to Mountain Park School and students residing in Copperfield will be directed to Dr. George Stanley School.