Dr. Martha Cohen School will:
- Promote exemplary learning, teaching and leading through a variety of opportunities designed to personalize learning for the student.
- Develop a common vision, mission and goals with and for the school community.
- Build positive working relationships with students, families and staff.
- Enhance learning and teaching through the appropriate and effective use of technology and maintain an intentional, authentic and innovative perspective in the use of technology.
- Engage students in meaningful, real-life learning activities in a variety of rich learning environments, with a focus on mind, body, emotions, creative spirit and ethical citizenship.
- Provide environmental, outdoor and global education learning opportunities for students to experience and appreciate the world outside of the classroom and to develop social, leadership and stewardship skills.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and caring relationships of mutual respect with students, staff members, and parents sharing a passion for learning; together and from others, in the classroom, within the school and beyond.
- Nurture thriving classrooms and other learning environments where teachers are informed by research and where students and teachers explore and develop deep understanding as active researchers.