Visitors & Volunteers Sign-In
All parents, visitors and volunteers must report directly to the office and receive a visitor card before proceeding to other areas of the school. This is an additional security measure to keep our school safe. Please note that, under no circumstances, can a visitor (including parents) go to the classrooms without checking-in to the office first.
To maximize the safety and security of all students, the south doors of the school will be locked during class time. The front doors to the school have a security button and intercom to gain entry to the building. All Kindergarten students will be picked up at the lower back entrance to the school at their dismissal time. Parents are asked to wait quietly for students to be dismissed so as not to disturb classes in session.
Guidelines for entry are as follows:
- Students are expected to remain outside until the bell rings unless the temperature is -20 C or colder. Bus students will need to come in the front doors and go through the school to the playground.
- Use the appropriate door to enter or exit the school at a bell and always remove outside shoes. By removing outside footwear, the workload for our facility operator is lessened and the school will stay cleaner for all of us.
- Parents, please check in at the office whenever you visit the school for any reason. If you are volunteering, please wear the volunteer tag provided to you for identification.
The following specific safety guidelines have been established with staff and students:
1. Always stay in bounds and where supervisors can see you.
2. Play appropriately and Safely.
3. Respect the playground environment.
4. Use the playground equipment properly and safely.
5. Stay out of the parking lot and do not stand/walk on railings.
Playground Supervision Times
- Morning 7:45 a.m. – 8:00 – a.m.
- Lunch 11:00 – 11:45
- Recess - Division 1 – 1:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. and Division 2 – 1:20 – 1:35
Students who are not in an extra curricular activity or not registered in lunchroom should arrive at school within 5 minutes of bell time. There is no teacher supervision of the playground after school hours. We ask that parents help support our playground rules after school also.
A fire drill means a planned event requiring activation of the alarm system and an evacuation of the building in response to the alarm.