Attendance Line 403-777-8570 ext. 1.
It is important that you call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
At Earl Grey School, there are a number of children who have severe allergies, especially to peanuts and other nuts. While we are not a “nut free” school, we encourage families to be aware of significant and life-threatening allergies that may exist and inform lunch supervisors if your child happens to bring nut products for snacks or in their lunch.
Head Lice Policy
When a case of head lice is reported to school staff by a parent or is confirmed by the Public Health Nurse, a letter is sent home to all parents with children in the same class as the child with lice advising them of this fact and requesting parents to check their children’s hair to help prevent the spread of head lice.
Parents or guardians requesting school assistance with their child’s medical needs are required to complete the following forms.
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue requiring attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.