- Cell phones should be turned off during school hours.
- Electronic devices are for educational purposes only during school hours.
- Electronics should not be used during afternoon recess time unless approved by a teacher or the office.
- The internet must be used responsibly and for educational purposes.
- Students, parents and staff must follow our Technology Acceptable Use Policy
Early Grey School Acceptable Use of Technology Policy
Earl Grey School is committed to student learning and to the effective, safe and ethical use of technology.
Students are encouraged to use to technology to:
- Seek alternative viewpoints
- Construct personal knowledge and meaning
- Demonstrate understandings
- Organize and manipulate data
- Interact with others
When I use digital technologies and the internet I will:
- Always think and check that what I post or write is necessary and respectful
- Help to stop cyber-bullying. I will inform a trusted adult if I read/see something that is upsetting, inappropriate or hurtful either to myself or others
- Create and present my own work and if I copy something from the internet, I will let others know the link to acknowledge the creator.
- Protect my personal information, as well as the personal information of others (birthdate, phone number address, photo etc.) by not sharing it online.
- Not share my password, nor log in as someone else.
- Only join spaces (or websites) that are safe and appropriate for my age and only with my parents’ or teachers’ permission
- Use technology appropriately at school and at home
- Handle school equipment carefully
- Have adult approval when printing documents for learning and be mindful not to waste paper
- I will be responsible for any electronic device that I bring from home with my parent(s) and teacher’s permission, and understand that there is a risk of it being damaged or stolen. I will abide by the rules listed above when I use it at school. If I do not use it appropriately, my device will be kept by my teacher or in the office during the school day.