The following expectations are for student safety.
- Students must cross streets only at intersections or crosswalks. If students are dropped off on the north side of Hillcrest Avenue, they must use the crosswalk.
- Do not drop students off in the parking lot. Students should also never walk through the parking lot unless a parent or another adult accompanies them.
- There is a “KISS ‘n RIDE” zone for student drop off in front of the school.
- Please respect bus zone signs at the front of the school and do not drop off students OR leave your vehicle parked in those zones.
- Parents may also use the north side of Dorchester Avenue for drop-off and pick-up so students may utilize the Safety Patrol on 8 th Street and the flashing crosswalk signal. Another convenient and safe drop-off and pick-up location is the gate located on Earl Grey Crescent to the east of the school.
- Parents are asked not to perform U-turns in the middle of the street or use driveways to turn around.
- Please do not block our neighbours’ driveways.
Student patrols will assist students across the 8th Street pedestrian crosswalk located by the entrance to the parking lot and the playground. School patrols will be on duty daily before and after school. Students are expected to follow the directions of school patrols and show them appropriate respect. Patrols are not on duty at noon hour or when the temperature is -20°C.