We take great pride in keeping a tidy school; both inside and out. We ask all our students to be good citizens by putting garbage and recycling where it belongs, and helping to keep our classrooms and playground clean.
Also, a reminder that smoking is not permitted on CBE property. Parents and family members may not smoke anywhere outside of the school. This includes sidewalks. Your cooperation is both appreciated and expected.
Playground Rules & Expectations
As a school, we consistently review our playground rules and expectations with our students as needed throughout the school year. Please take a moment to review these with your child(ren):
- If it looks unsafe, we will ask you to stop
- Rocks and snow stay on the ground
- Stay inside school boundaries at all times
- All students can play at all playgrounds
Use of School Equipment, Open Spaces & Play Areas
Students are expected to use school and recreational equipment appropriately. Students are expected to play safe games that will not potentially endanger themselves or others. Students are expected to respect the rights of participants in organized games and not to disrupt the activity.
No Dogs on Playground
The City of Calgary has a bylaw where dogs are not allowed on school grounds, sports fields and near play structures. If you are dropping off or picking up your child and are walking the dog, please organise with your child to meet you on the sidewalks off of school grounds, as we have children that have allergies, or are fearful of animals. Thank you for your attention and consideration in this.
DOGS IN PROHIBITED AREAS 15.
(1) The Owner of a dog shall ensure that such dog does not enter or remain in or on: (a) a School Ground, Playground, Sports Field, Golf Course, Cemetery, Wading or Swimming Area, or a Pathway; or (b) any other area where dogs are prohibited by posted signs. (48M2008, 2008 November 03) (2) The Owner of a dog shall ensure that such dog does not enter or remain in a Park, or any part thereof, where the dog is within five (5) meters of a Play Structure.