Technology for Learning CBE information on technology enhanced learning and teaching.
Online Safety Sites (Recommended by the Calgary Police Service)
- www.netsmartz.org – variety of high-tech activities, games, videos, comics, and current safety information for kids, teens, educators and parents. Highly interactive and engaging
- www.bewebaware.ca – provides safety tips based on the age of the child/ youth – content heavy, designed for parents or teachers to gain information / tips relating to online safety.
- www.media-awareness.ca – valuable information for parents and educators, some activities and games, many teacher resources have a cost attached but not all
- www.youthlinkcalgary.com – Kid Zone includes activities for Grades 5- 8 students; also teacher and parent zones
- Let's Do Science - this website links the Alberta Science Program of Studies to background and activities for each unit.
- Math Inventory - teachers, check here to see what math resources we have and where they are located
- Telus 2Learn - A huge collection of: websites, lessons, projects and telecollaborative ideas connected to Alberta curriculum.
- Alberta Assessment Consortium (go to D2L "content/assessment" for user name and password)
- Teaching Books.net - this website is for teachers to use to get book titles and ideas for working with students and literature
- Math Websites for teachers
- Green Street - an environmental education website for teachers and students.
- Cultural Profiles Project - a great website to learn more about our students' languages and cultures.
- Learning Objects - this page links you to many teacher resources (many of which are called learning objects). Sites include Telus2Learn, Alberta Learning on-line, Alberta Source, Virtual Museum of Canada and more.