Martinis & Masterpieces 2023
Every two years our Parent Society funds an artist-in-residence and the finished student paintings are auctioned off to families. This event happens in the off years of the Casino fundraiser. Event combines bidding on art created by local artist Chlan Grant and the students of EPS and a silent auction.
This auction fundraising event is scheduled to be held on May 4, 2023 at the Glencoe Club. The theme this year is: “Elbow Park School in Paris”.
All parents are welcome to attend this exciting event with live art auction of your children’s masterpieces, silent auction and raffle in support of Elbow Park School and its sister school, James Short Memorial.
Prints and postcards of the art canvasses have been made and are for sale as part of the fundraiser. See the prints on the right side of this webpage. For more information to purchase those and/or to buy tickets – https://www.eventcreate.com/e/eps-martinis-masterpieces-2023
Bottle Thrive Bottle Drive
- Help support families in need at our sister school, James Short Memorial, which is located in the community of Penbrook Meadows, through our Parent Society's ongoing bottle drive.
- Bottle donations are collected from your door throughout the school year and the dollars raised will be distributed to families by way of Superstore giftcards.
- You can schedule your bottle pick-ups by using the Skip-The-Depot app and connecting to our Elbow Park Parent Society in the list of donors. Click on the Skip-the-Depot instructions on the right margin.
Mountain of Warmth Clothing Drive
Every fall, we collect clothing donations from our Learning Community as donations for our sister school, James Short Memorial School.
Campaign highlights (Oct - Nov):
- Accepting winter clothing and footwear of ALL SIZES (adults and children)
- Gently used items to be laundered and in good repair
- Brand new, packaged underwear and socks
- Pre-sort and label donations
We are collecting all sizes of clothing and footwear for children and adults, including outerwear as well as warm shirts, pants, socks and underwear. Please ensure that gently used items are laundered and in good repair (e.g. buttons attached, zippers working).
New underwear and socks are especially in high demand, so please consider donating new unopened packages.
To help us collect and distribute items in the safest possible way, we kindly ask:
- Tie or pin paired items together e.g. mittens, boots
- Pre-sort items according to size and gender into grocery or garbage bags
- Label each donation bag (e.g. "7 year old girl" or "Adult male size L”)
Clothing can be delivered to the office, either by your children or an adult at our front door. Please call the office for assistance upon arrival. Thank you so much in advance for helping our friends at James Short stay warm and toasty this winter