First Day of Classes
Our first day of classes is Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021.
The school office is open to parents on Friday, Aug. 27, 2021 at 9:00 AM.
Health & Safety (as of Aug. 18, 2021)
After careful consideration, taking into account increases in COVID-19 cases and the vaccination rates for youth aged 12-19 in the City of Calgary, the Calgary Board of Education will mandate masking indoors for all staff and kindergarten to Grade 12 students for the start of the 2021-22 school year.
In addition, students, staff and families can expect the following health measures to be in place when classes resume in all schools on Sept. 1:
- Students and staff will still be expected to use the daily checklist to identify if they should attend or stay home
- Staying home when sick – students and staff who present with COVID-19 symptoms must stay at home until symptoms resolve
- No unscheduled visitors or volunteers will be permitted in schools at the start of the school year
School Start & End Times (revisions in bold italics - Aug.25, 2021)
We have re-aligned start and end times for all grades K-6 to be 8:15 entry and 3:10 dismissal.
- Each homeroom will have a designated entrance to minimize crowding.
- Masks are required as students step on exterior stairwells.
|Monday to Thursday
||8:15 – 11:00 AM|
||8:15 - 12:00 PM|
|Staggered Entry/Dismissal Times 2021-22|
|Grade Team||Monday to |
|Grade 1-2||8:15 - 3:10||8:15 ‐ 12:00 PM||12:15 - 1:05|
|Grade 3-4 ||8:15 - 3:10||8:15 - 12:00 PM||12:15 - 1:05|
|Grade 5-6||8:15 - 3:10||8:15 - 12:00 PM||12:15 - 1:05|
School Supply Lists
Supplies are purchased by the school. Please ensure your child has a pair of indoor runners, a lunch bag (if you are part of the Noon Supervision program) and a backpack.
Indoor shoes are brought to school the first day of school and left at school.
Many backpacks and shoes look alike; please label all student possessions.
We are a school that follows the CBE traditional calendar.
- View our school's Calendar for upcoming events and dates.
- A paper copy (subject to changes through the school year) will come home on September 1
- Meet the Teacher virtual meetings through Conference Manager Booking in PowerSchool (please ensure your PowerSchool account is setup - see below)
- Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021 (4:00 - 8:00 p.m.)
- Friday, Sept. 10 (1:00 - 3:00 p.m.)
In order to eat lunch at school in our lunchroom program, all students must be registered. We do offer a school-based 4-day noon supervision program to our Grades 1-6 students.
Snacks and lunches should be easy for children to manage. Hot water and microwaves are not accessible for students.
During lunch recess, supervision is provided for students attending the lunch program. Students who go home for lunch should return no more than 5 minutes prior to their entry time and line up with their class to re-enter school.
Please remember to contact our main office to report a child’s absence/drop-in:
Registration and payment can be done through MyCBE/PowerSchool account.
For more specific information as to cost and registration procedures, please see our Noon Supervision page.
On Tuesday, August 31, 2021, after 4:00 p.m., homeroom teachers will email families to let them know whose class their child has been assigned to. This email will include:
- a meeting place outside on the first day of school, Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- a reminder for parents to maintain physical distancing while outside on school property
Please visit our How to Register page for registration details and forms. As mentioned, our school office will open on August 27, 2021 for registration.
School Parking Lot & Student Drop-Off
Please note that the parking lot is not available for student drop-off for safety reasons. We ask that you please respect the parking zones and driveway access along 36 Ave SW. Our parents create our own safety issues by parking too close to crosswalks and double-parking along this congested roadway during drop-off.
As we are a "community school" with no busing, we strongly encourage students to walk or bike/scooter to school. This is much safer for everyone, and offers a great opportunity to be physically active prior to school starting.