The fine and performing arts are for everyone, whether you choose to explore and develop a new interest or specialize in a current interest. Participation in the arts enhances your creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Fine and Performing Arts Includes
- Visual Arts: Art, Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, Professional Development in the Arts (PDA)
- Dance: Dance, Ballet, Contemporary Dance, Jazz Dance, Dance Composition, PDA
- Drama: Drama, Advance Acting & Touring Theatre, Directing, Film Studies, Musical Theatre, Technical Theatre, PDA
- Music: Instrumental Music, Band, Chamber, Instrumental Jazz, PDA
- Choral Music: Choral Music, Chamber Ensemble, Choir, Vocal Jazz, PDA
- General Music: General Music
In Drama, students will learn about the various disciplines of drama including improvisation, acting, movement, speech, theatre studies, and technical theatre. This is a class that allows students to explore themselves and life in a safe and encouraging space. Students learn to foster a positive self-image all while developing dramatic skills. Students use imaginative exploration while working independently and collaboratively to assume roles and scenarios. They develop strong communication and reflection skills through daily activities and tasks.
Drama has 3 main goals:
- To acquire knowledge of self and others through participation in and selection on dramatic experience.
- To develop competency in communication skills through.
- To develop an appreciation for drama and theatre as a process and art form