Emily Follensbee Admirable Use Policy | 2021-2022
Digital Technology for Learning
Emily Follensbee School is looking forward to utilizing technology for the 2021 – 2022 academic year. With teacher and education assistant support, students will have the opportunity to utilize tablets, computers, online applications, and other digital resources. Prior to using technology in the school, learning expectations are being communicated to teachers, education assistants, students and parents/guardians. The use of technology is an integral part of learning at all CBE schools, as required by Alberta Education’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Program of Studies.
By utilizing the school’s digital resources and/or the network, students, parents, teachers, education assistants agree to the guidelines for digital technology use outlined in this document. They also agree to the Digital Citizenship guidelines about technology use in the school. For more information about this, visit https://www.cbe.ab.ca/programs/technology-for-learning/Pages/Digital-Citizenship.aspx.
CBE My Devices Network
The CBE My Devices Network enables students and staff to access wireless Internet on school‐owned technology and personal devices. Students and staff are expected to follow the same Admirable Use Policy when assessing this network. The school does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage of any personal electronic devices. For more information about the CBE network, visit https://www.cbe.ab.ca/programs/technology-for-learning/Pages/get-connected.aspx.
Prohibited Uses of Technology Include:
- Use of someone else’s CBE account or access to the network
- Sending or displaying inappropriate messages or images
- Using obscene language
- Harassing, insulting or attacking another person or their reputation
- Trespassing in other people’s folders, work or files
- Accessing, posting, sending or downloading inappropriate material
- Assuming the identity of another person
- In any way, moving, opening hardware or computer accessories
- Any attempt and/or threats to harm a person
- Plagiarism of online content
- Posting, publishing, circulating or distributing someone's personal information (images, work, etc.) without their consent
- Use of technology or the network to access sites/software not approved by staff
- Downloading or uploading content not approved by staff
- Damaging or misusing equipment
Procedure for Policy Violation
Depending on the severity of inappropriate use, consequences will be determined by the administrative team. This Admirable Use Policy complements a number of Calgary Board of Education Administrative Regulations
https://cbe.ab.ca/about-us/policies-and-regulations/Pages/Administrative-Regulations.aspx Please contact if you should have any concerns or questions.
Thank you for your support.
Principal, Emily Follensbee School